Mummy MOT is a postnatal assessment for mum’s 6-8 weeks onwards after giving birth, vaginally or caesarean. We recommend all mums to have an assessment.
Our assessment is focused around looking at the strength and stability of the pelvic floor muscles and abdominal muscles.
We check and screen for tummy gaps, bladder and bowel incontinence, sexual dysfunction.
What To Expect
– A detailed history of birth and labour will be taken
– Functional assessment of your posture and movement, external examination of pelvic floor
– Internal examination of pelvic floor – this is optional
– Assessment of tummy gap also known as diastasis recti
– Followed up by a plan in place to get back on your feet
What Can It Help Treat
Pelvic girdle pain
Urine and faecal incontinence
Pelvic floor weakness and tightness
Pain with sexual intercourse
Pain from c-section scars
Pain from episiotomy
What our clients say…